The Public Safety Foundation of America does not accept unsolicited proposals.
The PSFA makes grants to organizations supporting public safety communications functions and issues. Eligible applicants include:
- APCO International Committees and Approved Project Groups and Task Forces
- APCO Partner Organizations (nonprofit only)
- APCO Subsidiary Organizations and Parent
The PSFA funds new or ongoing projects for the betterment of public safety communications, including initiatives to improve the overall quality of public safety communications and to educate public safety agencies and other stakeholders about issues of importance to public safety communications.
Proposals for grants will include the following:
Narrative (not to exceed 5 pages) describing the following:
- Issue or problem being addressed.
- Overall program mission and goals.
- Specific strategies to achieve the program goals.
- Other agencies addressing similar needs, and a description of your program's role or particular expertise.
- Method for measuring success of the program.
- Plan for sustained funding if ongoing effort.
- If non-profit applicant, overall organizational budget for proposed program year and previous year.
- Project budget for proposed program.
- Sources of income: previous year, current, and pending.
APCO International Committees and Approved Project Groups and Task Forces:
- Committee mission statement or Board charter.
- List of committee members and chair.
- Copy of 501(c)(3) Treasury letter.
- Copy of most recent Form 990.
- Board of Directors list: names, titles, contact information.
- Informational brochures, annual reports, press coverage, or outreach materials (Optional).
Governmental Agency Applicant:
- Local government and agency charter and mission information.
- Name and title of chief elected official.
- Name and title of agency head.
Grant Application Procedure
The PSFA does not accept unsolicited proposals. The Foundation works with recognized organizations to structure programs specific to the funding parameters set forth by the Board of Directors. Applications are subsequently reviewed by the Grant Review Working Group and approved or denied by the Board of Directors on an ongoing basis.
|Issue, program description and goals
|Synergy with APCO mission 35
|Method for measuring success 15
|Plans for sustainability 15